March 21, 2023
Statements from candidates running in UUP’s 2023 statewide election are posted on UUP’s website.
Click HERE to view the statements, on UUP’s Elections webpage. The Elections page is at https://uupinfo.org/elections/.
Delegates to the 2023 Spring Delegate Assembly in Albany, April 21-22, will vote to elect three statewide officers: UUP’s president, secretary-treasurer and membership development officer. Delegates will also vote to elect eight members to UUP’s Executive Board.
- Candidates who have declared their intention to run for a statewide officer position are:
- President: Fred Kowal, Cobleskill
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jeri O’Bryan-Losee, Morrisville
- Membership Development Officer: Andrew Solar-Greco, Stony Brook; and Patrick Romain, Albany.
- Candidates who have declared their intention to run for Executive Board are:
- Beth E. Wilson, New Paltz
- Stephanie Petkovsek, Canton
- Susan Orr, Brockport
- Darlyene Mayers, Farmingdale
- Samuel Marquez, Downstate
- Pamela Malone, Empire State College
- Bekkie Bryan, Cortland
- Bret Benjamin, Albany
Candidates are not required to submit statements to be eligible to run for statewide office. According to UUP’s Constitution, candidates must submit written nomination petitions containing the signatures of at least 10 delegates. Those petitions must be filed with UUP’s Constitution and Governance Committee at the time of the DA.
Statewide officers and the 16 members on the Executive Board serve three-year terms. In 2024, delegates will elect UUP’s vice president for academics, vice president for professionals and the other half of the Executive Board.
A seated delegate can vote in statewide matters. The process to seat delegates is determined through the chapter election process and by a chapter’s allotment. The chapter allotment formula is 1 delegate per 75 members.